Thursday, April 26, 2012

But I'm doing all I can

I can't seem to get my footing.

To catch my balance, and to figure it all out.

I don't know if you've ever been to an old school fair. Either way, here's a little visual to help explain my thoughts on my life right now.

Here in da yoop, they have them all over. And every single one has those lumberjack competitions. They always have one in particular where they all stand on a log, balancing in the water, and spinning till they can find that perfect place to balance on. They have their spiked shoes on, and it honest to god looks like something out of an old time movie.

I feel like I'm in some skewed version of it; except mine's Lumberjack: The College life. One spin forward, three running spins back. Half way forward, and two steps to the right. Dancing and hoping that the spikes of my shoes are going to find somewhere to stick. Somewhere I can finally have a breather, a little relaxing space.

Till it all starts again.

Until the game of life starts spinning again. But hell, I'll treasure those three seconds of breathing space more than even I think I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment