Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sometimes, a song explains it better

I don't wanna be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately.
All I have to do is think of me and I have peace of mind
I'm tired of looking round rooms, wondering what I've got to do
or who I'm supposed to be
I don't want to be anything other than me.

Thank God you blew it
I thank God I dodged the bullet
I'm so over you
Baby good lookin' out

I spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly,
I'll do what it takes til I touch the sky
and I'll 
make a wish
take a chance
make a change
and breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
but I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change 
and breakaway

I don't know if I can yell any louder
How many times I've kicked you outta here
or said something insulting
I can be so mean when I wanna be
I am capable of really anything 
I can cut you into pieces 
when my heart is broken

It's not always rainbows and butterflies
it's compromise that moves us along

Because of you 
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you 
I find it hard to trust not only me
but everyone around me

Stronger than yesterday
Now it's nothing but my way
My loneliness ain't killing me no more
I'm stronger


Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend till you break
Cause it's all you can take
On your knees, you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad
You get strong
Wipe your hands
Shake it off
Then you stand

I made a promise to myself
locked it away, 
deep down inside
Told my heart we'd wait it out
swore we'd never compromise
Oh I'd rather be alone
Like I am tonight
Than settle for the kind of love
That fades before the morning light


I used to bite my tongue and hold my breathe
scared to rock the boat
and make a mess
So I sat quietly
agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing
so I fell for everything
.
.
.
I got the eye of the tiger
a fighter
dancing through the fire
cause I am a champion
and you're gonna hear me roar
louder, louder than a lion
cause I am a champion
and you're gonna hear me
roar

May your tears come from laughing
you find friends worth having
as every year passes
they mean more than gold
may you win but stay humble
smile more than grumble
and know when you stumble
you're never alone


Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there
With open arms, and open eyes

Hopefully you'll be fine without me by your side
Hopefully I will too
Times have changed and I don't even know myself
Do I even want to?

I hope you find it 
What you're looking for
I hope it's everything you dreamed your life could be
and so much more
and I hope your happy
wherever you are
and I wanted you to know that
and nothing's gonna change that
I hope you find it


When you think Tim McGraw
I hope you think my favorite song
The one we danced to all night long
The moon like a spotlight on the lake
When you think happiness
I hope you think that little black dress
Think of my head on your chest
and my old faded blue jeans
When you think Tim McGraw
I hope you think of me

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you're missing home 
Only know  you love her when you let her go
And you let her go

I've heard it said
that people come into our lives for
a reason
bringing something we must learn
and we are led
to those who help us most to grow
if we let them
and we help them in return

Someday love will find you 
break those chains that bind you
one night will remind you
how we touched
and went our separate ways


It's not a silly little moment
It's not the storm before the calm
This is the deep and dying breath of 
this love that we've been working on

can't seem to hold you like I want to
So I can feel you in my arms
Nobody's gonna come and save you
We pulled too many false alarms 

No comments:

Post a Comment