Thursday, November 7, 2013

For Good


I love musicals. 
It's probably one of my biggest hidden nerd loves. 

I could watch them for hours, and watch them endlessly on repeat. 
My poor parents have witnessed it. 

I remember being a kid, and watching "Meet Me in St. Louis", "The Unsinkable Molly Brown", 
with my Grandma, 
over and over again.
I remember getting to go to the dinner theater
in Minneapolis with Grandma AND Grandpa
and feeling so special. 
"My Fair Lady"
"The King and I"
and more.  

I remember watching "Grease" with my parents
and every single Disney known to man. 

I consistently go on play dates with my mother, to either plays put on by Northern
or the community. 

My CD collection? Either NOW! CD's 
or musicals. 

I sing them constantly, listen to them constantly.

Musicals have honestly shaped me
and I look to them for safety in times 
of turmoil.
For backup in times of exuberance.
They will forever be 
a part of my life.

So right now, 
this song reminds me 
to remember the good. 
People come into our lives 
for a reason
and thus, there is a reason for everything

I just have to let it happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment