Friday, September 30, 2011

I'm holding my heart back together

Just when we think we’ve figured things out, the universe throws us a curve ball. So we have to improvise, we find happiness in unexpected places, we find our way back to the things that matter the most. The universe is funny that way, sometimes it just has a way of making sure we wind up exactly where we belong.



Fate.

What exactly is it, and is it actually real? Where does a higher spirit step in, or when does stuff literally happen because that's the way the wind happened to blowing. Is it actually the Greek goddess chilling with their slimy eyeball and hair to cut your life short? Or is your life just one big game of chance starting from the day you were born and your mom named you Randolph?

 The dictionary says:

Fate: The will or principle determining cause by which things in general are believed to come to be as they are or events to happen as they do.

What does that even mean? The will...like as in the will in yourself? I know I've always heard stories about peopling dying just because they have lost the will to live when their heart breaks, or cat dies, or whatever.

Or is it the will of those around you? Is your life not shaped by you, but by what others do around you. Do you not shape your own life but everyone else s you come in contact with?

Where in the world does 'the will' come in. And how can a will be comparable to a principle? Here's my definition as interpreted from the lame dictionary definition:

Fate: That force of the unknown that makes your life the way it is.

Then comes this fuzzy line between faith and fate that goes along with every conversation on this topic. For me, sometimes it's hard to justify believing in faith. As a society, religion is a highly controversial topic. Many believe that fate is not fate, but a higher power, usually named God. My question on that is where does his/her input end and the winds of the world take over? With almost seven billion people living on planet earth, how is one being supposed to remember every mundane thing that happens to us each and every minute of our lives?

Yes, the argument goes to the fact that 'it' isn't just a normal being but it still confuses me. I'd like to believe that I've got someone looking out for me, telling me what things to do and what to know as I go into them. But how do I know that God knows me from Joe Schmo living above me on Halverson? I think my life is important, and so does my mom. I'm sure that there are others as well, but whose to say that some of the people reading this have any care in what goes on in my life. For all I know, you could be some kid Stumbling  because your sociology class got boring.

I guess...I think its fate. That there may or may not be some higher power, but all that he does is set me up with some major obstacles to hit in my life that have to do with other people and besides that? He lets fate take over. Why care how I get there as long as I get there with the knowledge I need to know? So many things in life come down to 'Wow, that was a lucky save. You could have almost died.' I think Fate is one God's little minions who helps me out. I think that she's the one who sets the stage, and just attempts to get across the moral they decided to give me.

Fate is fate is fate. Life happens for a reason and weather we actually ever figure out how it works or not, the world will continue to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment