Sunday, March 18, 2012

I want to run away but don't know how

I want to run.

I want to put on my new kicks, and set off.

Feet pounding, heart racing, sweat dripping.

I want to feel like I'm accomplishing something.
    Accomplishing moving my body.
    Accomplishing the ability to relax once more.
    Accomplishing stretching out my legs again.
    Accomplishing leaving my frustrations, anxiety, fears, tears, and accomplishment on the pavement.

To feel strong again. To feel internally worthwhile. To begin again.

To begin again. 


To begin again.

To push it on the last stretch, to feel my calves tighten up.

To keep going, even when it feels like I can't life my feet off of the pavement.

One. More. Time.

Again.Again.Again.Again.Again.and....done.

Heart slowing, breathing quieting. Sweat glistening, and utter nothing in my brain.

Besides the single fact that I did it. That I've done it. That I have begun.

Once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment