Sunday, December 4, 2011

I've been here many times before

I hate that I trust people so easily.

I hate that I assume that they are as just as good of a person as I am (not to be egotistical)

I hate that I think that they won't hurt me. Won't leave me in the dust in the pursuit of something beyond the fence. That they won't just use me as a stepping stone and leave me bruised and dirty after helping them get to where they want.

I'm feeling sarcastic, and bitter. I know it's slightly entertaining for others to hear me speak when I'm feeling like this. But what scares me is the fact they think it's funny...but I know it's true. That I may be peppering in a few more profanities then usual, but that's whats on my mind. What I think. How I'm thinking. I don't try to censor myself in that regard. I prefer to be not waste time keeping it in.

Heck, for all I know, you can hear my voice through these words. Hear that I'm hurt, and that I'm pissed.

Hell, I've been listening to Lil Wayne all day because his words translate my thoughts, and the embody my bitterness. I know some people don't view rap as music, and maybe it isn't. But if you take time to listen to the words, the Great Wayne has some really great points.

'Gonorrhea' for example.....
Lifes a bitch naw, better yet a dumb broad

or

Yeah I call it how I see you. I wish I never met you, I wouldn't wanna be you. 




Or 'Drop the World'
Hate in my heart, love in my mind
I seen nights full of pain, days of the same
You keep the sunshine, save the rain
I search but never find, hurt but never cry
I work forever try, but I'm cursed so never mind


So yeah. Maybe that was a useless way to get my point across. But whatever. I value words and Lil Wayne drops them like a boss. I can appreciate good art when I see it. He's got sarcasm to rock even the best of them. 

I'm getting off topic though. Point is, I'm feeling bitter today because I'm tired of not being able to trust people. How hard is it to be upfront, and honest? 

How hard is it to just be real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment