Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I hear in my mind all of these words

I'm not sure why, but a sudden theme has seem to appear in my life. I guess it's something that I've always kind of known, a trait that has always been a part of me. I try and ignore it generally but I guess its time to accept it. It is me ( to an extent) and it's better to embrace it then hate it....right?

Hi, my name is Emily and I am an intimidating person.

I've come to accept it, sort of. It's one of those things that only comes around when I'm meeting new people, chatting up a new boy or in my leadership groove. I mean, at least that's when I notice it the most. I find that once people get to know me, they are less apt to be afraid to speak to me.

Heck, sometimes I love it. I love that I can be seen as a 'force'. Not just one of those ditzy skuts who can't stand on her own two feet. Though I'm not sure my intimidation factor comes just from how well I can stand. I trip more sober then I've seen drunk people trip. Just saying.

I guess it's something I've never asked about, and I've just grown to accept. That I am 'intimadating' and that is the end of it. I guess maybe I'm a little afraid to know what it is about me that makes intimidating. What about me screams 'DAMN BOY! DON'T MESS WITH THAT!!'.

Is it my 'swagger'? Or my reserved facial expressions that I sometimes adopt while in stressful situations. Is it the fact that I'm sure of my opinions and morals and standards, and have no qualms voicing it if something feels wrong? I try not to be too overbearing though, so I don't think it can be that one at least.

So what is it. I get that I don't put up with bull, and I walk like I know I'm in charge. But besides that.....

Whatever. In the end, I guess WHY I'm intimidating doesn't matter. I guess what matters is who I intimidate, and how I use this new found specialty. All for good and none for evil would be the correct answer I'm assuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment