Sunday, April 20, 2014

I just want to write. 

I want to take all of these shut doors and smash them in. 
Smash in the wooden panels and escape the claustrophobia of letting 
'everything happens for a reason' 
become my mantra.
Watch the fragments splinter and feel the rush-- 
of blood to my hand
as it begins to turn the vibrant pink of pain
of adrenaline
as my heart begins to beat out
a new frantic pace
of warmth 
as the light streams in
from the outside world. 

I want to take back the keys
To decide when the doors lock
and when they open

I want to crush out the rhythm
of voices telling me 
to let things happen
to escape the nagging
of my own subconscious
to do more
be more

I want to take all of these ridiculous words
and find something constructive for them.
I want to use my words 
to smash sense into the ignorance around me.
I want to understand the misguided intentions of selfish people
and selfish endeavors. 

I want to stop wanting
and to start being. 

No comments:

Post a Comment