Sunday, August 4, 2013

I know we're only half way there

Breathe. Exhale.

Realize that I don't need to compare myself to everyone else.

That I have what it takes to succeed, and spending my summer painting did nothing to set me back.

I am strong, and more than qualified to do this job.

That just because I have to give a presentation while the one about attending OPE is going on DOES NOT mean that I won't succeed there. That I won't be just as prepared. That maybe, giving the presentation, may give me a better foot forward.

Life does not have to fit into my fine lines that outline my box.

They stretch, grow, reach, and sometimes, bend all the way around.

I'm working, one day at a time, to reel myself back. To pull myself in, and push my boundaries out  at the same time.

To understand that all I can do is control myself, and to not let others control my mind.

That I am actually in control.

That even though some things make me sad, that they in the end make me stronger.

Sometimes, I just need a swift kick in the ass from life.

No comments:

Post a Comment