Sunday, August 12, 2012

When you're lost and run out of road

I'm feeling restless. Like I'm on the brink of something worthwhile, but that fate's holding me off from finding it.

I'm sitting in my room, listening to sappy country, waiting for that feeling of relief. That moment that encompasses you like a cold shower, and begins to rinse away my apprehensions and clears my vision. That these cliche comparisons and verbs can actually be transferred into a real feeling, besides a black and white attempt at cleverness. That this all will be all I expect it to be and more.

I wonder if this how it feels in the real world. Those glorious moments while you wait to start the new chapter of your real life. Not that college isn't real life. But I can't help to think that this feeling only gets  better as you get older. From the honeymoon stage of a new relationship, or the feeling of finding a new song you love. It grows even more as you begin to the find a new friendship, or the enjoy feeling of a good old fashioned hug. It is something that can envelope everything in a persons life and make it greater.

Or maybe not. Maybe I'm TOTALLY and completely wrong; that this is the best it can get, and it just reaches a standstill form here on out. Even then, I can't say that it's a terrible thing.

Because what I', going to have is going to be fantastic. That I could live the rest of my days in the experiences that are to follow.

That once I've crossed the threshold and begun to discover the path, I'll never diverge again. That I will revel in the feeling that I've found my place.

 But until then, the restless will hold; and I'll just have to wait for my chance to embrace the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment