Monday, November 14, 2011

But I'd much rather be somewhere with you

It's funny how traits you see in yourself, can be seen so differently by others.

What I would call relaxed, others see as bro.
What I see as emotional, others see as crazy.
When I see my artistic side, others see as awkward.
What I think is junk, others see something good.

It's like when you see a video of yourself, or a picture that you didn't know someone took of you. You notice the little things, while others take in the whole picture.

Or when you wear a new swimsuit in public. You see the rolls on your back, others see how cute your suit is.

I guess the best way to describe it is that I see myself in a fun house mirror. What I see can't be what everyone else sees. If it was, things would be different. Some things for the better, but the same amount for the worst.

So what do you pick. To listen to yourself, or others? Or where do you find the delicate balance where you accept both views, and mesh them together in your mind to make up the collage that probably is the most like you.

When do you start to take the good with the bad, and just know that no ones perfect. Because like I said before, in the end, the only person you're going to be with forever is yourself and if you don't understand them, no one will.

The only issue with my logic is how do you know if you're version of yourself is true?

No comments:

Post a Comment