Monday, February 17, 2014

I am so calm, that it almost makes me feel claustrophobic. This light veil of calm is shrouding me in the presence of everything and everyone who needs a piece of me these days. It's not the normal adrenaline racing, skin busting blast of so many things pouring out of my pores that I can barely breathe as the essence gushes forth from every crack within my self-made armor against the anxiety and stress. The fear that threatens to split the seams of the body I am wrapping around my soul tighter and tighter, in efforts to protect it's fragile glass encasement.

No, it's like wearing a silken cloak that swirls and holds me together while protecting me from the outside world. Not protecting me from my own misplaced actions and reactions, but guarding me against the gaping black hole of society. I am no longer working to protect my mind from myself but to protect myself from the mind of the masses.

The calm gives me protection as I control myself. As I control every aspect of my self and my being. I am no longer threatened by my own mind but embrace my ability to control it, and use it wisely.

It's almost scary the sense of control I have, even as the world around me shifts again, the next big shake of the continental plates as my world evolves. The safe haven of Pangaea and young adulthood is slowly being ripped apart as the real world beckons outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment